Welcome to Rebel Boys Lacrosse!
Calendar & Category Legend:
- ECHS Bass Fishing
A Note from Coach Nix:
This year we are going to do a team pack that will include each player's shooting shirt, practice jersey, quarter zip, practice shorts, etc. The player fee is to help with the cost of balls, equipment, field paint, nets, officials' fees and league dues. We do make money from the gates and fundraisers that will also help with these as well.
Please come and see me to discuss any financial issue that you may have. I have plenty of equipment that can be borrowed at no extra cost, and I want to make this sport accessible to all who truly want to play. I am here to grow the game and that starts with you.
Helmets can be rented or purchased. My goal is for everyone to purchase their own helmet, but I know that for some this is not possible, and I will do my best to accommodate every situation.
I have some available for purchase at various price points so let me know if you need gloves. I also have some that may be borrowed until you can get your own
- Each year we have both new and experienced players coming out for lacrosse. It is the fastest game on two feet and there is always action. Lacrosse is the oldest sport in North America, starting with Native Americans who used the game to settle disputes between tribes as an alternative to war. Did you know that lacrosse has the highest % of students going to the NCAA of any sport? 13% of high school players get scholarships with sports like basketball, baseball, soccer and football, seeing just a fraction of that amount.
- Brand New? Don't worry we have new athletes come out every year. It is amazing to see how quickly students catch on and begin to love the game.
- Join the remind group by texting @echslax to the number 81010. This is the primary form of contact we use for the team. They are updating remind so if this does not work please send me an email with your name, year and experience level and try remind in a few days.
- All equipment can be borrowed until you can get your own. Most players like to have their own equipment. Required equipment items are sticks, gloves, elbow pads, shoulder pads and a helmet.
- See coach Nix at ECCA in room 710 or reach out on remind for any equipment questions. You may also email me with any questions.
ECHS Boys Lacrosse General Information
- Physical - Players must have physical and be eligible to play
- Dragonfly - This platform is where all physical info is stored. I will send out login info once new players are added to the Remind.
- Conditioning - Conditioning will begin in November on Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays until 5:00. Players can stay after to get some stick work in on their own.
- Tryouts for the 2024 season are TBD. Tryouts are used to determine which team a player will be placed on. We have both a full Varsity and JV team.
- Practice - Schedules will be available from Coach Nix. Expect to have practice daily after school once the season starts.
- Facilities - We are fortunate to have our own facilities designated for lacrosse. We have our own locker room and field space. We use the old MS across the road, and we will transport those players needing rides to practice each day.